By Cory Barker, Greg Boyd, Les Chappell, Emma Fraser, Whitney McIntosh, Andrew Rabin, and Cameron White
Happy Wednesday folks! The February Hall of Fame race was our most popular one yet, with one nominee getting more votes than we’ve seen before. Of course, thanks goes to all of you who voted, RT’d, shared, commented, and mocked our nominees. We do this for you (even when you mock us).
But let’s waste no more time. To the results!
Lots of inductees this month, but a few of them just barely made it in. Joining the TWTV Hall of Fame after garnering at least 60 percent ‘yes’ votes are:
- Gillian Anderson (The X-Files), with 93 percent yes votes in her record-breaking number of votes (people like The X-Files).
- Helen Mirren (Prime Suspect), with 82 percent yes votes.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), with 69 percent yes votes.
- Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls), with 63 percent yes votes.
- Jennifer Garner (Alias), with 61 percent yes votes.
Declined induction this month are:
- Veronica Hamel (Hill Street Blues), with only 50 percent yes votes.
- Linda Cardellini (Freaks and Geeks), with only 45 percent yes votes.
Five in, two out this month. Lots of popular actresses in this month’s race, so that’s not much of surprise. A little shocking that The X-Files fans out-voted the Buffy fans, though. Come on, Whedonites! Drive up our page views! We’ll be back next month with a new theme, more nominees, and maybe a little more controversy. But in celebration of this month’s inductees, enjoy this, which is apparently still happening in 2013.