By Cory Barker, Greg Boyd, Les Chappell, Emma Fraser, Whitney McIntosh, Andrew Rabin, Anthony Strand, and Cameron White
Happy Tuesday everyone. Thanks for voting, sharing, RT, etc. in another successful around of the TWTV Hall of Fame. This race had a number of unbelievably capable and worthy nominees. but it was up to you to bring them into the Hall. So let’s get to the results and see who you chose to join our illustrious club
Making it into the Hall with at least 60 percent yes votes are:
- Mary Tyler Moore (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), 98 percent yes votes (the highest percentage of votes by an inductee thus far).
- Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy), with 96 percent yes votes.
- Jean Stapleton (All in the Family), with 82 percent yes votes.
- Phylicia Rashād (The Cosby Show), with 78 percent yes votes.
- Candice Bergen (Murphy Brown), with 77 percent yes votes.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Seinfeld),with 75 percent yes votes.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), with 66 percent yes votes.
And those failing to make it into the Hall this month are:
- Marilu Henner (Taxi), with only 29 percent yes votes.
That’s a big acceptance rate, but not particularly surprising. These are all-time great performers (Henner too). Next week, we’ll be back with another race, more nominees, and perhaps those noms will frustrate and annoy you a little bit more than these did. But in celebration of these women, please enjoy this aural masterpiece.