By Cory Barker, Les Chappell, Emma Fraser, Whitney McIntosh, Heather McLendon, Andrew Rabin, Anthony Strand, and Cameron White
Happy Tuesday folks. As always, we thank you for sharing, tweeting, re-tweeting, and voting in this month’s TWTV Hall of Fame race. Another month, another race full of very capable and impressive nominees. You were kind to many, and not so accepting to at least one of our nominees. Without further ado, let’s get to the results, shall we?
Making it into the Hall with at least 60 percent yes votes are:
- Ted Danson (Cheers) with 95 percent yes votes.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H*) with 90 percent yes votes.
- Carroll O’Connor (All in the Family) with 89 percent yes votes.
- Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show) with 88 percent yes votes.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier, Cheers) with 85 percent yes votes.
- Rowan Atkinson (Blackadder) with 68 percent yes votes.
- Matthew Perry (Friends) with 67 percent yes votes.
And those failing to make into the Hall this month are as follows:
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) with only 51 percent yes votes.
Wow, some interesting results. Not only did we have five of the nominees receive more than 85 percent yes votes, but we had another month of every nominee but one making it into the Hall of Fame. Bummer for Henry Winkler, who wasn’t really close to being inducted this month. Maybe another time. Most of these nominees were locks to make it in so it’s no real surprise that the percentages are so high at the top. Perry and Atkinson were the borderline cases throughout the voting and both ended up being pretty close, but making it in.
We’ve finished up most of our major acting categories, so we’ll be back with something brand new–and perhaps more controversial–next month. But until then, enjoy this lovely token of our appreciation that will make you feel bad for not giving the Fonz enough votes.